Saturday, December 25, 2010

#1 Christmas Movie of all time: Scrooged (1988)

I have another 80's movie on my list? I sure do; however, this one is my favourite Christmas movie of all time.

This modern version of Charles Dicken's A Christmas Carol stars Bill Murray as Francis "Frank" Xavier Cross, a television executive who is on charge of a live Christmas Eve production of A Christmas Carol yet he doesn't have the fogigiest idea of what Christmas is in the first place. As Frank gets deeper into the production, his life starts to emulate the plot of the Dicken's classic in only a way that Bill Murray could experience.

The beauty of this movie is how long this movie has stayed funny for me. I have seen it upwards of 50 times (mostly on Christmas now) yet I laugh as much as the first time I see it. In addition, I haven't met someone who doesn't regard this as one of their favourite Christmas movies of all (provided they have seen it).

Enjoy

1 comment: