Wednesday, December 22, 2010

#4 Christmas Movie of all time: White Christmas (1954)

I'll be honest with you, I think I am running out of things to say.

White Christmas was directed by Michael Curtiz, who also directed Casablanca (1942), The Adventures of Robin Hood (1938), and King Creole (1958). Just to give you a taste of what he is capable of.

This film is guided by Bing Crosby's on screen charm and his constant bickering with (George's aunt) Rosemary Clooney which makes the film watchable multiple times (AKA every Christmas).

Gee, I Wish I Was Back in the Army and White Christmas are obvious standout songs in the movie; however, the music, done by Irving Berlin, is perfection.

White Christmas is easily one of my favourite movies (not just Christmas) and that feeling is...mutual, I'm sure.

No comments:

Post a Comment