Friday, December 24, 2010

#2: Mary's Boy Child/Oh My Lord by Boney M (1978)

Written by Jester Hairston, Frank Farian, Fred Jay, and Lorin

Boney M, the late 70's version of Milli Vanili (sort of). Well it is true Boney M and Milli Vanili were both created by created by German record producer Frank Farian and both groups "forged" their own lyrics (sort of, again); however, that is where the similarities end.

My #2 favourite Christmas was at the top of my pops for years until the eventual number one _______ ousted it. I know most are appalled by my choice of the German reggae/disco band at such a high spot but this song resonates with me at Christmas time and at the end of the day this is my list.

There lived a certain man in Russia long ago
He was big and strong, in his eyes a flaming glow
Most people looked at him with terror and with fear
But to Moscow chicks he was such a lovely dear
He could preach the bible like a preacher
Full of ecstacy and fire
But he also was the kind of teacher
Women would desire

No comments:

Post a Comment