Saturday, December 18, 2010

#8: I Believe in Santa Claus by Dolly Parton and Kenny Rogers (1984)

Written in 1984 by Dolly Parton and Cristi Cary Miller.

The newest addition to my list may be a surprise to some; however, when I was recently introduced to this song by a friend I instantly fell in love and I don't know how I could go another Christmas without it.

I Believe in Santa Claus from Dolly and Kenny's 1984 Christmas album "Once Upon A Christmas" brings a needed country accent to my list. With lyrics like "I believe in viewing life as a journey that we're on and looking at our troubles as another stepping stone" this song is more than just a song about believing in ol' Saint Nick is actually taps into Dolly's existential views on life.

Furthermore, when Dolly tells the little children to sing and the children's choir breaks out into the "I believe in Santa Claus" chant I know this song is worthy of its high ranking.

I believe in Dolly and Kenny

No comments:

Post a Comment