Saturday, December 25, 2010

#1: O Holy Night by Josh Groban (2002)

Written in 1847 by Adolphe Adam, Placide Cappeau, and John Sullivan Dwight.

Blessed with the voice of an Angel, Josh Groban takes the top spot on my list. I don't imagine any other song will bump the greatest version of the most beautiful Christmas song of all time out of its rock solid position.

The most Christmasy song on my chart that lyrically represents what Christmas is truly about is a song that I don't believe can be messed up. Versions by Nat King Cole, Johnny Mathis, Kelly Clarkson, Luciano Pavarotti, Mariah Carey, Weezer, Martina McBride, Il Divo, Eric Cartman and an almost equally amazing version by Celine Dion (which may even get the ranking of #1a) prove the amazing power of this song.

The beauty of Groban's voice and the lyrics make this song one that I listen to year round and on heavy rotation at Christmas time.

Feliz Navidad

No comments:

Post a Comment